Soda Bread - Lockdown Style!













Soda Bread - Lockdown Style!

   Welcome back! I have to say it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling getting back into this blog. Can you believe the last post was seven months ago! Pfft. Terrible, appalling, abysmal, I know. Hell I've chastised myself for not keeping this up to date with a monthly 'how you doin'?'

   To counter this, some of you may have seen by postings on social media, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, so my baking activity has very much been alive and kicking. The Christmas rush came and went in a flurry. The new year came into play and objectives, goals and resolutions came into effect, changed, and developed. Like so many of us, other commitments such as work, family, other life admin and projects took centre-stage. 

And then we had lockdown. 

   Now you'd think that this unprecedented time would produce all the hours in the world for these blogs (and for creating the magic that fills them), and that sort of is true. So these past nine weeks have been focusing on a number of other passions that you wouldn't normally have time to accomplish when you have a day job. My art taking a big chunk of this time, and my fitness regime also, as well as getting my house in order (I've never organised more drawers, cupboards, storage units in my life, which has been both exhilarating and liberating). Most surprisingly of all, I've spent a great deal of time going two things I never expected I would invest so much time in - teaching myself about different types of meditation, and learning to speak Italian. Boredom, what's boredom?! 

Of course, food has never been left by the wayside. Fortunately all my 'blogs' on my stories on social media are saved (thank God for Google Chrome, this is why backing everything up can be your mecca), so I pledge over the next few weeks to give you some more posts chronicling by lockdown baking journey. I hope this will continue to motivate you to make magic and keep busy and productive during this rare and unusual time, such has my motive been for all my posts over the past two months. 

Felice cottura a tutti! 

J xx



















Comments

Popular Posts