Bravo to Gino's Puglian Autumnal Gem!





 

   This is a breakaway from my usual blogs, as this time I'm crediting a famed and truly fantastic chef bursting with knowledge, personality, cheeky-chappy charm and (best of all) he hails from Italy! So today I am saying SALUTE to Gino D'Acampo and this truly phenomenal recipe that you can find in ''Gino's Italian Adriatic Escape (A taste of Italy from Veneto to Puglia)''. I've also watched the TV series and it's pure joy to behold, plus with these chilly days ahead and Lockdown 2 starting today (hmph!), a dose of the sun-kissed Italian countryside will give you a much-needed pick-me-up. 

   I am however, focusing on one of my favourite recipes of his - Puglian Lamb Stew. I've made this about four times now over the past couple of years, and it is absolutely meraviglioso (wonderful), plus it ties in with my mission statement of this blog to create food that looks incredible and tastes phenomenal. The added bonus is we are in the perfect time of year to be making this - it's really wholesome and nourishing, the must-have antidote to a chilly November Sunday. Plus if you're making this for two, there are double helpings here, so you can enjoy it for your lunch the next day! 

   I've followed Gino's method here and I would urge you to try it. The last time I made it however, I tried it in my slow cooker and added lots of crushed garlic cloves (Of course! This is me don't forget, a garlic fiend!). If you have a slow cooker, simply add all the ingredients here and put it on high for 4 hours. Wash it down with some chilled water and this fantastic Montepulciano D'Abruzzo. Agreed, this is from a different region a little further north in Italy, and of course a Puglian red would be ideal, however, this still compliments the food beautifully and produced in the Abruzzo hills overlooking the stunning Adriatic. With flavours of juicy black fruit, spices and chocolate, this is a must-try. 

Happy Autumnal snuggling all! ;) J xx    

   










Comments

Popular Posts